Thursday, February 9, 2012

Tests

While being pregnant you seem to go thru a lot of tests; blood tests, ultrasounds, and of course glucose tolerance test! I hate and do not look forward to the glucose tolerance test! For those who read this and don't know what that is I will explain. It is a test where you go to the doctor or lab office and have to drink a pop of glucose. It does not taste to bad a lot like orange soda that has a funny after taste with too much sugar in it. So drinking it is not bad. After staying in the office for 1 hour you will get your blood drawn. This test tells the doctors if you have diabieties during pregnancy. If you fail this test you go back and have to do it over and stay and have your blood drawn once a hour for 3 hours.

So with Ashley I got sick and felt like I was going to pass out. Really dizzy and did not feel good at all. After a while it went away. Well with this baby I get sick really really easy so I was worried about what the reaction would be. I drank my drink and sat to read a book and wait my hour for my blood to be drawn. 2 mins before the test was over and I was going to be able to have my blood drawn I got sick. Running to find a bathroom before I thrown up all over the office floor only making it to a trash can. The office said it happens a lot with this test which I don't know if they were trying to make me feel better or if it really does. Well since my time was up anyways they went ahead and go my blood drawn and I was able to go home. If this had happened 10 or 15 mins before my time was up I was going to have to do the test all over again from the begining so I am thankful they were able to draw the blood.  I do have a fear of having to do the 3 hour test though. If I can't make it a hour how in the world do I make it 3 hours? I guess we will see what the results will be pray it comes out ok! I am glad it is over for now!

No comments: