Saturday, May 12, 2012

Day 3 progess

Well Jameson is 3 days old and getting better every day. Like I have said before he was low on blood and was not breathing so he has had a lot of tests to make sure he is ok and know how to make him feel better. He has had 2 blood transfusions and a tube for breathing placed down his throat. The last blood given was yesterday morning and he has  not needed anything since then. All his blood results have gone normal which is great news. Since he needed so much blood to begin with it can cause brain damage from so many things and they only way to avoid it is to keep his temperature down. So poor guy has to be cold. We can not touch his body so he does not get too warm from our touch so we can only hold his hands and feet and that is it. He will stay cold until tomorrow night and then they will begin to slowly warm him up and get his temperature back to normal.  They also did an ultrasound on his heart to make sure everything was ok there and it came back normal. A EEG test was done on his brain since he was not breathing and they do not know for how long and if it caused any brain damage. The Test came back normal. Today they did x-rays on his stomach to make sure his intestines and stomach were ok and that also came back normal. On Monday or Tuesday after the warming him back up process they will being doing a MRI of his brain to make sure again that everything is ok and no structural damage was done. So far his is a fighter and every test they give him comes back normal. So we will wait and see how he does tomorrow night and see how the MRI comes back and go from there. If all is good and he starts to eat good mon or tues he will be treated as a normal baby and start to prepare for him to go home. I will again continue to update on his progress and if anything changes.



I am again so thankful to my Heavenly Father for all he has done to keep my little man safe. I am thankful for wonderful family and friends who have shown their love and concern for our family. Thankful to my wonderful mother who has been watching over Ashley and taken care of her so I can get my rest and heal and Tyler can be here with me. We don't know what we would do without her. She is the best mom and I am thankful to call her my mom. It is so wonderful to also have her here for mother's day. Happy mother's day to all the mother's out there and this mother's day means so much more to me this year. Thankful for my mom but even more so to be able to have 2 kids. To have Jameson here and getting well is the best mother's day gift I could ever ask for. Again Happy mother's day to all the wonderful mother's out there!
This was the day he was born and very white.
This was taken today. 3 days old laying on his cooling pad.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I'm so glad he's making progress and improving each day. We keep praying for him (and you)!!! Love you Britt!!!