Sunday, May 13, 2012

Day 4 and Ashley

Today  has been filled with many different emotons. I will start with how everything is going with Jameson. He did have another x-ray done on his belly to make sure things were still looking good and blood work done to check everything out. Both came back normal and he is doing great. Earlier this afternoon they removed a tube from his mouth that was helping him with bloating and gas. Tonight they removed the breathing tube from this mouth and his is finnally completely breathing on his own with no help!!!! They began the warming up process and will continue doing that until about 1am. Tyler at that time can go and hold him for the first time. Where the fustration and emotions come is I will not be able to hold him or see him tonight. I developed a cold sore on my lip which is contagis and therefor can not see or hold my son until it is scabbed over. So it has been a very hard day for me! I will really looking forward to holding him tonight but I am glad that Tyler will be able to and pass on the love from me. I am hoping this cold sore will heal quick and I will be able to hold him soon!

I will be released from the hospital tomorrow after the doctor comes to see me and takes the staples out. If my cold sore is scabbed by tomorrow then we will be nesting most likely with Jameson. If not then I will be sent home and Tyler will stay or just come back to visit. So we will see what tomorrow brings.

Ashley
She has been the best through all of this. My mom was in town to help take care of her and I don't know what we would have done with out her. Ashley has been great about mom and dad not being there. She still goes to bed and wakes up ok and she has not gotten upset at all. Tyler has made a point of going home everyday and has brought her to the hospital everyday to see me and her baby brother. The day after he was born was the first time she was able to see him. We took her to the NICU and she looked at him and looked at us and asked "is baby ok?" she was very concerned for him and just keep saying is baby ok over and over again. She just does not understand why she can't hold him. She will be a good big sister! I am very proud for these two wonderful kids to call me mom. Amazing how thinking about her and getting kisses from her makes life better.

1 comment:

azandersens said...

Brittani, I ran into Lenore Martin at the temple this morning, and she told me that you had had your baby and that there were some complications. That breaks my heart that you weren't able to hold him, and that he had to be kept cold. I have heard of the cold therapy, though, and I know that it works miracles. Hope everything continues to improve! You'll be in our prayers.
-Holly Andersen