Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Update on Jameson

Jameson has made big progress the last couple of days. He is completely breathing on his own and all the tubes have been removed except for his IV. He started to eat breast milk Monday night for the first time. They did an MRI on his brain but we have not gotten the results yet. We are hoping to meet with the doctor today. He is crying and talking and smiling and is a very happy little boy.

As I had said in the past post I got a cold sore and they forbid me from even going to see my son. Cold sore can cause a lot of problems. I woke up Sunday mother's day with the cold sore and went to go see him that morning and after that I was not to be even in the same room as him. Sunday night was a bad night. I cried more that night then I did any other time through the whole trial. My doctors got me lots of meds to get the cold sore to go away fast so I would be able to see Jameson. Monday was the first time we would be able to hold him so Tyler went and got to hold him with out me for the first time. So Monday was a hard day too. I got released from the hospital Monday afternoon and we went home with out Jameson. Really hard to leave him there even more hard knowing I had not seen him or talked to him in over a day. Monday night we decided to go to the hospital and see if I could wear a mask or have someone look at the cold sore and see if I would be able to see Jameson. The nurse came took at look at me and said yes you can come in and wear a mask and see your son. I started to cry. I had not seen him for over a day and it was really hard. I got to go and hold him for the very first time that night. I was a very happy mommy. I got to stay and feed him for the first time and hold him for about 1 hour before we had to go home. My heart felt so much better and we have been back to hold him and feed him several times since that night. The doctor said that if they can get him to start eating good then he will be able to go home. Doctor is predicting that by this weekend he will be home. I can not wait. I am so ready for him to be home with us and not be so far away. I will update more when more is available.
This was taken right after the breathing tube was removed and
they wanted him to stay on nose oxgyn for a couple of hours.

No comments: