Friday, May 11, 2012

Jameson Tyler

I wanted to be able to keep family and friends updated on what was going on. So will try and keep this blog updated with new changes and things as they go! So here is the story and more detail about how our week has gone.

Thursday morning started the same as any other day. My mom was in town just in case I went into labor or if they decided to Induce since my blood pressure had been high. We decided to go walk around the mall in hopes to keeping the contractions coming and maybe make them get true labor started. I had been having contractions for a couple of days. As we got to mall the thought came to my head that Jameson had not really moved this morning. I thought well walking, most of the time gets him to move and Orange Juice. I stopped got some orange Juice and we began to walk around. After a hour of only feeling him move 1 time we decided it was time to go to the hospital. The  ride was a very long ride. I did have Tyler  and Jason give me a blessing before we went to the hospital to help calm me down and we able to get thru whatever was ahead of us.  The nurse got all the monitors up and running and we then heard his heart beat and what a wonderful sound. The nurse confirmed he was not moving and they ordered an ultrasound which was done very quickly. They did get him to move 1 time during the ultrasound but that was not enough and they were worried about his breathing. So within mins there were tons of people in our room and we were being prepped for a emergency c-section. Everything happened so quick that I did not have time to think about it or be too scared. Once the C-S began they had him out within mins. This became one of the scariest times in my life. Jameson was ghost white and was not breathing. All I could hear was the baby doctor saying "Coming on little man breath." I am thankful for prays and how much I was able to pray in a moment when it was needed the most. They did have to put a breathing tube in his mouth but they were able to get him breathing after that. They showed him to me and let me kiss his head and Tyler and the doctors were away to get him into the NICU. They got me put back together and into the recovery room. I had been dreading a c-section but at that moment I did not care whatever got him out safe. After a little while the baby doctor came down and explained how Jameson was doing. He was very very low on blood and for some reason was giving me his blood thru the cord and not taking the blood which I was giving him. There was no way to catch this ahead of time or of preventing what was going on before hand. They were worried about his heart and brain since his blood was so low and also since they don't know how long he was not breathing. Since being born his has had several blood transfusions. He is doing great and they are taking very good care of him here at the hospital. They have done tests on both this heart and brain and both have come back normal. Due to the blood transfusions they have to keep his body cool and therefore we can not hold him yet. I am looking forward to being able to hold my little man for the first time.
I on the other hand have had good moments and bad ones. The cut is from pretty much on hip to the other and it does get painful at times. I am resting and just trying to heal the best I can. I am so thankful to Banner Desert for they great doctors and nurses that have made this so much easier on us and truely been the best.
I am thankful to my heavenly father for giving me the promptings to come to the hospital when we did. Had we waited even until that night we could have lost our little man. I am thankful for the Pristhood that I as well as Jameson could have blessings to help us get through this hard time. I am thankful for a Husband who is the best help and keeps me calm and loves me.
I will continue to update on everything as things progress. I am so loved and have so much gratitude in my heart. Thanks to everyone for the love and support.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brittany, I am so glad that you and your little man are doing better. Isn't our Heavenly Father wonderful? So glad you listened to the promting and are in a place that can take care of the baby without having to fly him out to a larger hospital. Hope you get to hold him soon. Lots of love and prayers sent your way. Tyra Roquemore

Emily said...

Brittani, your whole family is in my thoughts and prayers.